Three brothers - Bhima Bhat, Narayana Bhat, and Padmanab Bhat - strode into the jewellery business in 1925. They chose Alleppey to set up their business. A few decades later, in 1959, Bhima & Brother Jewellers branched out to Kottayam. There, Narayan Bhat was joined by his son, N.Gopalakrishnan in 1970, who took the business in a new and fruitful direction.
By 1989, Bhima & Brother bought their thriving jewellery business to the historical city of Mysore. They quickly became a brand of high repute in the city because they were steadfast in their commitment to supplying their customers with quality jewellery. This was coupled with stellar workmanship that won over their client base.
They impressed their patrons by introducing a fair buy back policy and have also introduced exchange at purchase price. Known for its innovation in design, N.Gopalakrishnan developed his own range of close-setting jewellery that was inspired by the K.G.F. style. The brand also specialises in Mysore style Nakash Jewellery. The brand was the first to open an exclusive silver jewellery and artefacts store, Trinkets, in Mysore.
Given their immense achievements, it comes as little surprise that Bhima & Brother fame has spread far and wide. The brand has extended its operations in two more stores, one in Hyderbad and another in Mandya. Third-generation owner, Raghuram G and his brother Mukunda G, now plans to take Bhima & Brother to Kollegal and other cities in South India.